Use our secure online Move forms to quickly set up your electricity service, change the address on your existing service, or cancel your service. If you would like to speak directly with a Customer Care Representative, please Contact Us

Personal information is collected, retained and disclosed in accordance with our Privacy Policy.  The terms and conditions for service are outlined in detail in our Conditions of Service.

Application for New Service

Fill this form out if you're a new residential customer applying for electrical service.    New Service Application form.

NOTE: You can expect to receive your first  GrandBridge Energy (formerly Energy+) bill within 6-8 weeks after you move in.

If you are a new customer in the County of Brant, and are paying for water service, please email us a picture of your inside water reading on the day of possession.

Moving Within/Transfer Service

Fill this form out if you currently have an account with us and you're moving to a new address within the City of Cambridge, Township of North Dumfries or County of Brant.    Moving Within/Transfer Service form.

NOTE: You can expect to receive your first bill at your new location within 6-8 weeks after you move in.

Moving Out - Service No Longer Required

Fill this form out if you no longer require electrical service. Be sure to include a forwarding address for your final bill.

Get the Moving Out form.

Frequently Asked Questions

What information do I need to provide in order to open an account?

We will need the following information about you to open your account:

  • Name of the customer to be billed
  • Service address (where the service is to be supplied)
  • Date service is required
  • Mailing address (if different from the service address)
  • Owner or Tenant classification and information
  • Former address in service territory (if applicable)
  • Telephone number(s)
  • Email address
  • Information about additional individuals authorized to discuss the account
  • Signature of account holder
  • Customer identification

To learn more, see our Privacy Policy and Conditions of Service.

How much notice do I need to give?
Please submit your fully completed application at least 48 business hours prior to the date of possession. If you submit a move request for a date that does not fall during regular business hours, your account will be set up for the next business day.
Do I have to pay a set up fee?
Your first bill will have a $30.00 + HST fee called an occupancy charge.
When will I receive my first bill?
Your first bill will arrive within 6-8 weeks after you move in. After the first bill is issued, you can expect to receive a bill on a monthly basis. You can sign up for paperless billing once you've received your first bill from us.
Do residential customers have to pay a security deposit?

A security deposit is only required from a new residential customer if a review shows that the customer has unacceptable credit history. A security deposit will be required from an existing residential customer if their service gets disconnected due to non-payment.

Customers in Brant County will have to pay a mandatory $200 water deposit on the first bill unless they can provide a credit reference letter from another Canadian utility or have demonstrated good payment history with GrandBridge Energy at another location.

Security deposits are credited to your account after one year (from the date it is paid) of good payment history.

Eligible low income customers may qualify to be exempt from paying a hydro security deposit. If you have any questions or need to make arrangements to pay a required Security Deposit, you can Contact Us. Please note that low income status will not exempt you from paying a mandatory water deposit in the County of Brant 

Does my account number change when I move?

Yes it does! If you pay your hydro bill online, at the bank or by telephone banking, please update your bank with your new hydro account number when you get your first bill at the new address.

If you were receiving an eBill at your old address, you will have to sign up for paperless billing at your new address.