Environmental stewardship is one of our Core Values and means that we are committed to respecting the environment and reducing our environmental impact in tangible ways throughout the organization, while remaining in full compliance with legal requirements and company policy.
We are committed to being a leader by encouraging the community to explore electric vehicle options, while ensuring that charging electric cars will not negatively impact the local electricity grid. Since 2012, our team have embraced a hybrid electric car (Chevrolet Volt) and a hybrid bucket truck in our fleet of service vehicles.
We are active members of Sustainable Waterloo Region's Regional Carbon Initiative (RCI). This partnership means that we are tapped into a larger community of leading organizations across Waterloo Region that are committed to improving their overall environmental sustainability. We have access to all the tools, networks, training, resources and support that we'll need to help us reduce our organization's greenhouse gas emissions.
Our Green Team is a cross-department group of employees who voluntarily come together to educate, inspire and engage other employees around sustainability. They identify and implement specific solutions to help our organization operate in a more environmentally-sustainable way.
Committed to the Environment
- We will operate our facilities to make efficient use of resources, prevent pollution and reduce environmental effects to the extent that is reasonably achievable.
- We will strive for continual improvement in our environmental management system, processes and activities
- We will ensure that the environmental aspects associated with the distribution of electricity are identified, assessed and managed to minimize their impact on the environment.
- We will monitor the environmental impacts of our activities.
- We will implement continuous improvement to prevent pollution and ensure continued compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- We will communicate with and educate our employees, contractors, and communities on our environmental programs, policies and initiatives.
- We will encourage our customers to use electricity more efficiently and support the adoption of new, cleaner alternate energy sources.
- We will maintain an Environmental Management System, including the use of objectives and goals to measure, track, drive and continually improve performance.