For a limited time, we are offering the ecobee EMS Si Thermostat and installation, free of charge, to eligible Energy+ small commercial customers.
We have partnered with Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro, Waterloo North Hydro, Union Gas, and Franklin Energy to offer a pilot program using the ecobee EMS Si thermostat. The objective of the pilot is to evaluate potential energy savings available from the use of the thermostat to manage heating and cooling loads in small business buildings.
The pilot will run from November 14, 2016 to December 31, 2017 and is open to 1,000 small businesses in Waterloo Region and County of Brant, including:
- Restaurant and food service
- Owner-operated light manufacturing
- Small office space
- Multi-site customers, where more than one location can be managed together on the system
Is ecobee right for your business?
Ideal for small businesses where a basic programmable thermostat is not enough, and a building automation system is too complex. Visit smartthermostatpilot.ca for more information.Some conditions apply.
There are a few eligibility requirements for the pilot program:
- Does your facility have a Central Air Conditioning system?
- Is the Central Air Conditioning unit accessible and in good working condition?
- Is Wi-Fi accessible onsite, with a password available to connect the thermostat to the network?
- Is your Energy+ account in good standing?
- Have you been at the business premise for more than 12 months, and do you intend to stay another 12 months?
- If you are a tenant, do you have the approval from the building owner to change the thermostat?
- Are you willing to participate in feedback surveys about your experience, up to 36 months after installation?
- Are you willing to participate in follow up quality assurance and quality control visits (you will be notified by Energy+ and/or its agent in advance).
- Are you willing to have your energy data (gas and electricity) shared for the purposes of the pilot evaluation only?
- If you answer yes to all of the above, please complete the pre-qualification web form here OR call the toll free number 519-804-0571.
Visit smartthermostatpilot.ca for more information.