Large building owners are required to report their energy, water and greenhouse gas emissions to the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines on an annual basis under the Energy and Water Reporting and Benchmarking (EWRB) regulation.

This regulation applies to privately-owned buildings that are 50,000 square feet or larger, including commercial buildings, multi-unit residential buildings (with more than 10 units), and some industrial buildings. If you own a building that is 100,000 square feet or larger, you may need to report your building's annual consumption to the Ministry of Energy by July 1.

 To learn more about the regulation, including how to report your data, and the deadline to report, please consult Ontario Regulation 20/17 and visit

Request Energy and Water Data 

GrandBridge Energy is required to make aggregated electricity consumption information available to building owners upon request, so that they can report their data to the Ministry of Energy annually by July 1.  GrandBridge Energy bills water/wastewater usage for the County of Brant. Water consumption information will also be provided for buildings in the County of Brant.  Note: Cambridge water consumption data must be obtained from the City of Cambridge. North Dumfries water consumption data must be obtained from the Region of Waterloo. Brantford water consumption data must be obtained from the City of Brantford.

If you are a building owner that has to comply with the regulation, please complete the Energy & Water Data Request Form.

Due to the time required, requests received after June 15 may not be processed by the July 1 deadline.

Before you complete and submit the form, please note that you will need:

  1. The GrandBridge Energy account number(s) for all accounts that are part of the building (as many as you can gather).
  2. The permission of the building owner to request the energy and water consumption data for the building.
  3. If you are requesting data for more than one property, a separate request form will be required for each property.

 If you have any questions before filling out and submitting the Energy & Water Data Request form to GrandBridge Energy, please Contact Us.